Each summer, we send over 60 children and youth to camp for a week at Camp Sunrise on the Sunshine Coast. Many of these children are vulnerable, and attending camp gives them a chance to truly feel like a kid and forget the stresses of home for a week. The children and youth enjoy canoeing, hiking, chapel, and various activities.
Summer Camp clients come from a variety of backgrounds, including:
- Children of single mothers or fathers
- Children of working families trying to make ends meet
- Children of seniors with custody of their grandchildren
- Children in custody of the ministry
- Children of new immigrant families