Please read the following in full before applying.
Applications that do not meet program criteria will not receive a response.
The Ridge Meadows Ministries Genesis program is an abstinence-based program dedicated to helping those living with mental illness, addiction, and homelessness by providing a safe environment to live and strengthen vital life skills.
Residents accepted into the program may stay up to 3 years.
Residents in the Genesis program, work with the Life skills Coordinator on a S.M.A.R.T goal system to put action to the goals that they want to achieve. These objectives are revised quarterly, and check-ins happen bi-weekly to assist with these goals.
Residents are expected to contribute to the program in various ways through therapeutic duties, kitchen volunteering, a variety of groups/check-ins, and taking part in the Upcycle trailer.
Participation in the program mandatory.
Applicants must be:
- 19 years of age or older and be homeless or at risk of homelessness; be in recovery from addiction and/or be suffering from a mental illness,
- Applicants must be referred from an external agency / professional or from the Emergency Shelter.
- An applicant must be sincere in their desire to actively participate in the program/s which are designed to assist the individual to move forward out of their present circumstances towards wellness and self-sufficiency.
- An applicant must demonstrate a basic level of emotional stability.
- An applicant suffering from mental health concerns must be medically stable and under the direct care and/or monitoring of a mental health professional.
- An applicant for the recovering from an addiction is expected to have considerable clean time (90 days minimum) or have successfully completed a treatment program; be involved in an external recovery support program and have an established relapse prevention/intervention strategy.
- An applicant must possess the basic physical and social capacity to live within a semi-independent coed community environment.
- An applicant must meet the requirements of our Zero Tolerance Policy for drugs or alcohol while residing at SARM.
- Eligibility of an applicant is dependent upon the availability of accommodations.
Please note *applicants must be able to use stairs independently*
Please contact Program Supervisor Jaime 604-463-8296 Ext 121 or Program Coordinator Leanne at 604-463-8296 Ext 122 for any further questions.